Monday, April 26, 2010

An endorsement

I thought I'd share my experience with my first pair of Tom's Shoes.  I love the business model the have.  For every pair of shoes they sell, they give one pair to a child in Africa.  As of April 2010, they've given over 600,000 pairs of shoes away! How cool is that?  You get a cool pair of shoes, and you help out someone on the other side of the world.

In past, I've worn flip flops almost exclusively all summer.  The past 2 summers though, I've gotten planters fasciitis which hurts like crazy.  It hasn't fully healed for about 5 or 6 months each time either.  So, I decided that I wouldn't wear flip flops anymore.  Then I ran across an ad for Tom's, and decided to check them out.

I ordered a pair, and brought them to San Diego.  I wore them to the airport and talk about the easiest shoes ever to go through security with.  When I got to San Diego, while they'd been comfortable to wear for normal activity, I was concerned about walking around in them all day.  I decided to give them a shot, and I was really impressed.  I wore them all day, everyday I was there.  I walked all around San Diego in them, and my feet felt amazing.  They have a really nice leather insole with solid arch support.  I've always had trouble with my feet, but these shoes rocked.  The build quality is great.  I've actually got a second pair coming soon.

If you're looking for some relaxed, comfortable, awesome shoes AND you want to give a pair to a kid in Africa, I highly recommend Tom's.  Anyone else who has a pair or if you're buying some, post your comments too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look like slippers. Do they make them with steel toes for us working guys?

    ReplyDelete