Friday, March 19, 2010

A cute story

So, I'm starting to notice my clothes are fitting a little better than before.  I've lost about 15 pounds this month, which is pretty crazy.  While weight loss was not my goal for this month, you won't hear me complaining about it.  :)

This week I decided to shave my beard, and I've gotten a lot of funny responses from the kids at school.  The best was this morning though.  I walked into our parent liaison's office, and a first grader was sitting there eating breakfast.  Here's the conversation we had:

Me: Hi Tim
Tim: Hi.  You shaved your beard. (He's very observant.  I don't think Janell even noticed right away)
Me: You're right, I sure did.
Tim: You look like a very cute man. (Once again, very observant)
Me: Thanks Tim.

He went back to dipping his graham crackers in his milk, and I left with a big smile on my face and a cute story to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Cute indeed! The story, I mean! Sounds like Janell took more after her father, than I realized! Wow, 15 lbs! That's too much to lose in about 3 wks. Hope you're feeling ok, and that the same is not true of Janell. I'll feel better when you two can eat a bit more (variety, as well as volume.) Thank you for the posts; it's good to hear from you two, and know how things are going.

    ReplyDelete